Friday, February 7, 2014

Connect Like a Celeb


I read this fascinating article on forbes.com (check it out here) about how big brands could take a cue from celebrities when it comes to growing and engaging with their followers.

For me, the biggest take away is the point of being authentic. Nothing is more important to me than authenticity, whether it be on a personal or professional level. We are human beings that are curious, inquisitive, emotional and if a brand wants to connect with me, I need a level a realness that hits one of those targets. Engage me, excite me or make me feel something that no other brand of your type has.

I feel so often that corporations become densensitized entities and people can't relate. If they could only harness their humanity while blending in the necessary aspects of corporate jargon and responsibility, I think they'd be surprised at how far it would take them with the average consumer. Nobody wants to read sterile yet perfectly polished information about a brand on Social Media unless it connects somehow. Finding that balance can be hard, but it's definitely possible - sometimes you just need a little help along the way.




No comments:

Post a Comment